Monday 20 June 2011

Mark Makers

I was recently very kindly invited to join a group of working artists called 'Mark Makers.' I was thrilled to be selected as it now meant I had a creative place where I can once again discuss my ideas with other like-minded individuals and receive critical feedback on my work.
Currently, we are working on a small project for the display cabinet in The Brindley, Runcorn. We have been asked to respond to one of two written texts which I have found quite challenging in itself as it is not something I would normally do within my own work. I chose the piece 'Crow Country' by Mark Cocker because of its use of wonderful descriptives. Below is a preliminary drawing that I began late last week - please note that I have somewhat neglected my drawing for quite some time now so this is by no means finished!



No comments:

Post a Comment