Friday 9 September 2011




Summer Cabin. St Helens. 22nd-24th August 2011.

This experience was a learning curve for me as I have never designed pieces with the sole purpose and intent of selling them to the public. I created hand-drawn cards, gift tags and small stitched pieces to sell. I am not entirely convinced that I will ever make an excellent sales woman but I did enjoy creating the lovely environment for my work to sit in. I offered badge making and a creepy crawly magnets workshop for the children while I was there, and they seemed to go down quite well with the passing beings of St.Helens. All in all I took quite a lot away from my first creative and commercial venture and it has certainly given me food for thought with Christmas just a long way around the corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment