Saturday 26 November 2011



The BIG Draw


During the month of October The Big Draw took place, a national event hosted in many different and wonderful venues across the UK. The event is designed to encourage children, adults, oldies, tiddlers and everyone else in between to pick up their pencils (or in my case tape) and draw.

I had been kindly asked to run a series of workshops at CRMZ, a new youth centre based in Widnes, alongside fellow artists Claire Weetman, Carys-Anne Hughes and Sharon Lelonek. For my workshops I chose to explore the theme of maps, a subject matter I had touched upon in my own work a few years ago. Using tape and adhesive coloured vinyl I worked with children between the ages of 8-14 years old to decorate windows with colourful pattern. I was really pleased with the outcome and the children's achievements considering the short time scale. Our vibrant splash of colour was well received.

No comments:

Post a Comment